Sunday was a non derby day. Well, that's a lie. It was a non skating derby day. We had our team photo shoot! Our photographer kicked butt and what we have seen so far is so amazing. We went up to this antique mall that has a few abandoned buildings nearby and we each got to pick where we wanted our personal pictures to be at. I choose this old window that was painted red at one point and was peeling and mainly white. It was really cool experience. Next was our team photos. I have only seen one of them at this point, can't wait to see the rest. It was also a great team builder for us.
Afterward we all went out for drinks and a good time. I learned a lot about my teammates and a lot about myself. This game called corn hole...There are two boards and four bean bags per team. Two teams take turns throwing bean bags at the board. Not sure how points are scored. But I did learn that I sucked at this game. Not a huge deal, but it was still really fun. Knowing the people you skate with is just as important as knowing how to skate. You have to be able to trust the ones you skate with, trust they they have your back on and off the track. Your team is your family. In times of need your teammates need to be there for you and vice-versa. I can't wait for more team days with my derby family. I love these girls so much.
~ <3 Kiss My Blarney
No comments:
Post a Comment