At this point in my working out I'm not outright telling everyone. (Yes I know, this is public.) But I feel like the small group that I have supporting me is enough right now. I don't want to have more people to disappoint if I somehow fail at this. That's my fear with this I think, disappointing someone. But you know what? It's time to get over that. I am doing this for me not for anyone else.
It's weird. I look forward to the workouts and I feel great afterward. But during the actual workout I'm not excited yet. I feel kind of bad already. Tomorrow morning I can't workout after work because I have a dentist appointment. I'm half ready to drive back to work (only like 5 miles) after the dentist to go work out, but by then I would have already worked 10 hours. Luckily tonight is my "Friday" so I have my weekend...which I usually use that as a rest time.
I am unsure of what I want to do at this point. I may just have my friend come over and dance with me on the xbox. Although maybe for once I will try it by myself. I have NO motivation alone for some reason. I have had a workout game for my xbox for over a year and have yet to put it in. When friends are over I have no issues playing Just Dance 3, but alone I never put it in. I don't know, maybe my weekend will be a time to change that.
In other news, I feel that I did a good job on my workout. Here is where I am at so far this week.
1/27- I did 1.5 miles on the bike at level 10 in 8 minutes and .75 miles on the treadmill in 20 minutes.
1/28- I did 1 mile on the bike at level 13 in 6.5 minutes, .5 miles on the treadmill in 12 minutes, and then 1 more mile on the bike at level 8 in 6 minutes.
1/29- I did 1 mile on the treadmill in 20 minutes and 2 miles on the bike at level 10 in 12 minutes.
I feel like I have done well. Again though, right now I am varying my workout only between the two machines until my back heals up. And of course lots of stretching. All my joints are more flexible than they should be, my tendons don't hold everything the way they are suppose to. To counteract that I have a few muscles that are extra tight, especially my hamstrings. So after my workouts I try to stretch out my hamstrings and calfs so that I can get more movement and flexibility where I lack that. Which is kind of a conundrum since the rest of my is more flexible than it should be and through working out I am trying to strengthen the muscles around my joints so that I can control the joints better. Oh well, my body is crazy as ever. Got to live with it and figure it out.
~ <3 Kiss My Blarney
No comments:
Post a Comment