So those that personally know me know that I am a klutz. A huge one. I might need some advice from some of those that read this....
The treadmill. A moving yet stationary machine that confuses the hell out of my balance. I usually have balance issues. One ear drum has a permanent hole in it and the other one doesn't equalize pressure correctly. Most times I can fake balance, but apparently exercising, drinking, and being tired are three things that make it so I can't. I am eternally afraid to let go while on the treadmill. I would love, (not love, not severely hate either...) to *TRY* to run on the treadmill. Granted I know that I would be able to run like 10 steps. HA. But, I eventually want to build my endurance and start running. Every time I let go to one hand I start feeling like I am leaning to the side. Either side. If I let go both hands I am practically walking sideways. Right now it isn't the biggest deal in life, I am working on my legs building endurance so that I can work on my lungs and cardio. Any advice?
So today I wanted to try to push myself on the bike. (Not that I hadn't been doing it anyway.) I did two and a half miles on the bike in 11 minutes and 50 seconds on level 10. This was probably the first time that my breathing got heavy while biking. I want to get my speed up so that I can work on my distance. I feel like most people go for time on it, but I always race the clock. Yet, when I was doing the elliptical I couldn't help but focus on distance. The longest distance in the fastest time. I guess either way you do it you still get a workout and still can measure your advancement.
My fiance made a suggestion on the treadmill, to start at an incline. That wasn't the brilliant of ideas. I mean it was a good thing, even a great thing eventually. I tried an incline of 1.0 and did a half mile in 10 minutes and 55 seconds. That means I am slower, but I think after 2.5 miles on the bike plus the incline it's excusable. My legs definitely felt the slight difference as I couldn't actually go as fast. Yesterday I started to vary my speed throughout my workout, instead of a constant speed. I would go from 3.0 speed to 3.3 and hold for a minute. Then go up to 3.5 for a minute, then back down and stay at 3.3 for two minutes. And back and forth. I couldn't even go up to 3.5 speed on the incline today. I did push myself for the last minute and do it at speed of 3.3.
That's it for today I guess. I am kinda anxious to start back with weights and the elliptical. Maybe I will start those back in slowly next week. I am game for any advice or challenges if anyone has any. (Reasonable challenges. Remember, I am a fat kid!!)
~ <3 Kiss My Blarney
No comments:
Post a Comment