So I know that as a big girl I don't have all the muscles I need in all the right places. I have to work on my upper thigh muscles, above most other things. Ugh. Well anyway, tonight is not a derby night, and instead of going to the rink today on my own, I ended up sleeping. Which will happen when you work nights. So I know that I *should* get up and so some squats and work on those things. Maybe some iron mikes.
I never liked them in High School when 1SG made us do them, and I sure didn't like the day we did four lengths of the skate rink either. But, the no pain no gain crap is stuck in the back of my head. And it's not like I am doing this for anyone else other than me. This is for me to do so that I can be better. I maybe sore from last night, but I need to do this. And the weird part of this is that the more I type on here, the more I have convinced myself to get up and do something. I may not be feeling up to practicing falls right now (especially at 12am), but I think some squats and iron mikes is a good idea. And it is some what of a selfish reason. Yes, I want to be good at derby, I want to prove to people I can, and I want to be a good player, maybe eventually make it to A team. But I also don't want to be the one that can't get up when she falls down and needs help, I don't want to be the slowest person getting up, and I sure as hell don't want to be the weakest member of the team. But it doesn't always matter the reason, if the over all thing is good right?
~ <3 Kiss My Blarney
No comments:
Post a Comment