Friday, March 30, 2012

Train Wreck

So this week kind of ended up being a train wreck, especially when it came to working out and practice. Wednesday was a not derby practice day and it stayed that way. Slept most of the day and worked. Then last night WAS derby practice night, but I felt horrible. So I tried to sleep a little extra before going to work. I hated missing last night, especially since tonight is so important.

Tonight the ladies and I are having our first public appearance and fundraiser! Everyone is meeting at the skateway to buy our calendars, see a demonstration, and get autographs. I am very excited about this. Luckily today I don't feel as bad as I did yesterday. I'm still exhausted and not feeling wonderful, but life must go on. I had to make an important decision on Tuesday. To try to demonstrate what I do know in front of however many people: strangers, families, and friends; OR find another way to be useful without completely embarrassing myself. So I took the latter idea and ran with it. They didn't have anyone to announce the intros and the demonstration. So I volunteered. I know, I am a derby girl, and I am suppose to skate, but you know what? This was important to them too. I feel that I can still be a part of the group, just in a different dynamic. Anyway I have to leave early for work, and I doubt they want me coming in soaking wet in sweat. So tonight I am apart of something, just in a different way. Which is fine by me. Now I only hope that I don't screw up the announcing....

~ <3 Kiss My Blarney

No comments:

Post a Comment