Saturday, March 31, 2012

Got to be flexible

Well last night went great, at least while I was there. We sold several calendars, got a lot of donations, and had a good time. Although I didn't end up announcing after all. I sold calendars and just basically got to run around and talk to everyone. Thankfully I have an amazing boyfriend who helped me sell the calendars so that I wasn't left out of the fun with the girls as they mingled with everyone. I got to be there for the announcement for all the girls but when it came down to the actual demonstration I had to go to work. I'm glad I left then, because if I didn't I wouldn't have made it to work on time.

Today was another bust on working out, but it's okay. Still not feeling perfect, and decided that in the grand scheme of things I need to make sure that I still have a great relationship with my boyfriend. Especially since I just added derby three nights a week instead of hanging out with him before work. So we went out and had a date. Sometimes you need to just live your life and make plans on the go.

Tomorrow is derby practice, and I get those butterflies just thinking about it. I want to do a good job there and prove to everyone I am worth being on the team. I know that I am a member of the team, really no matter how well I skate right now, but I want to be a productive member. One that may eventually get to play. I would love to be on A squad, although I don't know if I will get that far anytime soon. We have several skills we have to be able to accomplish to move to different levels. Right now I am not even a level one. I would be very happy to get to level four eventually, but I think right now that is a LONG way off. But still something to work toward. (See below for Level Breakdowns)

But on another note, I was voted League Secretary. So I am in charge of our entire league and all the paperwork, organization (which has a LOT to be done), and keep everything figured out. It's going to be tough, but I am very excited! Once we get everything organized and figured out I think it will be a smooth journey.


Level 1
Successful/safely execute all falls ( upon passing may start performing contact with other skaters)
    1 knee fall ( right)
    1 Knee fall (Left)
    Baseball Slide
    four points
    Barrel/monkey roll
Successful/safely execute 2 stops
    t-stop
    Snow Plow
Skating posture and form
Skating "the Track"
Practice attendance of 75% or higher
Crossover/Stride
Minimum of 1 month skating with League

Level 2 (eligible for scrimmage )
Clear/Pass Skills/Evals Test Level 1
Practice attendance of 75% or higher
Minimum of 1 month skating with League
25 laps in 5 minutes
Execute legal hits
Execute Safe assists
Backwards skating
Toe Stop Stop
Join and/or Lead a committee
Jumps/Hops/Juking

Level 3 ( eligible for team placement and bouting)
Clear/Pass Skills/Evals Test Level 1 & 2
Practice attendance of 75% or higher
Minimum of 1 month skating with League
Join and/or Lead a committee
25 laps in 5 minutes
Able to execute strategic jamming  as blocker & Jammer)
Utilize both a jammer and Blocker positions
Actively Scrimmaging and/or bouting for a minimum of 1 month

Level 4 ( Eligible for Travel team and all stars)
Clear/Pass Skills/Evals Test Level 1, 2 & 3
Practice attendance of 75% or higher
Join and/or Lead a committee
Minimum of 2 months skating with League
50 laps in 10 minutes
Actively Scrimmaging and/or bouting for a minimum of 2 months
Actively mentoring as Big sister ( Jr Derby, if Applicable) for a minimum of 1 month
Attend Minimum of 3 events ( excluding bouting and/or scrimmaging)

Level 5 ( top rating )
Clear/Pass Skills/Evals Test Level 1,2, 3 & 4
Practice attendance of 75% or higher
Join and/or Lead a committee
75 laps in 13minutes
Minimum of 3 months skating with League
Actively Scrimmaging and/or bouting for a minimum of 3 months
Actively mentoring as Big sister ( Jr Derby, if Applicable) for a minimum of 3 months
Attends Minimum of 4 events ( excluding bouting and/or scrimmaging)

No comments:

Post a Comment