Friday, April 13, 2012

Breaks

So this week was lacking a lot in the skate department. I took off Sunday and Tuesday for a family vacation at a resort near by. I may have been out of town but derby was definitely on my mind. I got half of a new derby outfit, getting the rest this week. Scary part is it is a skirt, and I usually don't wear them. The cool part though, was that I got this bracelet that had a pair of lips on it! Perfect for my derby personality!

Of course when I went away I had to bring my skates, just in case the opportunity arrived to skate. But due to getting in trouble for noise issues I decided against skating in the hotel room. I didn't really want to get into too much trouble, especially since I don't know any of the law enforcement in the area we were in. So I saved skating till Thursday.

I have decided that I hate it when I take a break. I always feel like my feet don't know what to do anymore and I loose my confidence. I pretty much sucked at practice last night. First off it sucked that I had to leave early for work, and I will have to on and off for the next few months. But I am determined to find a comfortable place somewhere in my skating. I tried doing some of the skate exercises that the girls were doing. Some of them I can do, some I can't. This one was where half the girls stop when the whistle is blown and the other half have to skate in and around them. I didn't do too badly, other than my feet hurting while skating. My feet still have to get used to the boots on my skates and build up tolerance. Beside that issue, and the confidence, I think I am doing alright. Not good, but alright.

We officially have our first bout planned. July 7th. So close and yet so far away. I know that I will not be bout ready, but that is okay. I'm excited for our team to be able to do this!! I love these girls and can't wait for this. I was used to sitting out in karate due to injuries, so I have a lot of practice in being supportive. So I can do this.

Derby has been an awesome experience so far and I really can't wait for more. Keeping my fingers crossed that I don't let anyone down.

~ <3 Kiss My Blarney

No comments:

Post a Comment