Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The good and the bad

So yesterday, I decided to lay out of a practice and take some antibiotics that the doctors gave me for an infection. I didn't want to miss practice, but at the same time I wasn't feeling my best in anyway. I knew that my heart wasn't in skating and I really just needed to rest my body some so that it can heal. Ugh, I still hate missing practice for any reason. I feel like the girls depend on me to be there, as they should, and I am letting them down when I miss, even if there are reasons for it. I know that this next week I will be missing two practices because of a mini vacation and that for two weeks with a week break for the next several months I have to alter my work schedule just enough to make it difficult to go to a full practice. This really frustrates me, but it is life and in life you have to do what the real world requires, and that is going to work. So hopefully with my next pay check I can order a set of outdoor wheels so that I can skate more often. And this brings me to my good news!

My boyfriend is in the military and his armory close by. I went and talked to the Sgt that basically is over it and he very supportive of the families of the soldiers and apparently roller derby. Who knew? He was really excited that I bought one of our calendars for him too.  Anyway, he has offered me to be able to skate in the armory anytime by myself or with my team, just to call him so he can make sure it is unlocked. So nights that I don't have derby or work gets in the way I can still skate. Now I just have to get the courage to actually call him for me to get in to skate. But I am super excited about this. And skating there I won't need the outdoors wheels as soon as I thought, but it would be really nice to have them though.

I had been looking for awhile trying to figure out what kind of wheels I needed and was recommended to Atom Wheels. They have a HUGE collection of all sorts of wheels. Of that collection I was told to look into either the Poison or the Pulse. Never having bought wheels before I messaged them, not knowing if I would get a personal response or an automated one. To my surprise I got a personalized message and we responded a few times to figure out exactly what would work best for the surfaces I skate on (or will skate on.) They get high marks in my book for their responses and their willingness to help me figure out what was best for me. I will definitely be ordering from them in the future and would so far recommended them to anyone else. I will let everyone know how I feel about the wheels when I order them and get to try them out.

~ <3 Kiss My Blarney

No comments:

Post a Comment