Yesterday was derby practice, but thanks to work training I only could stay for like an hour. That made it very hard to do much. So I opted to take pictures of the girls as they did a few things. Because unless there are pictures, it didn't happen! (as my Boyfriend says) I hate it when I either can't go to derby practice or I can't fully participate in practice, but at least in some way I got to contribute. But let me tell you, these girls are freaking rockin' it! I am so proud of my team. I couldn't be happier with them. We are going through a few growing pains, but that happens with any new team. And in the world of derby we are still a baby. I hope that the growing pains stop soon, I think it is taking a toll on our team as a whole. People are getting frustrated with the issues going on. But on the flipside of that coin, I think it is helping to pull us together to be a stronger team, more close knit, and more willing to stand up for each other and the team. I am a roller girl and so is my team. We are sisters on skates and it will stay that way!
On a side note, let me just say how much I enjoyed taking pictures. It's been a long time since I have been able to play with someone's nice camera. I don't have a super duper nice DSLR, but other girls on our team do! So I got to enjoy one of my passions while helping out my new sport. That really helped me at my work training too I think. It relaxed me so I wasn't as overwhelmed and could concentrate more.
~ <3 Kiss My Blarney
No comments:
Post a Comment