Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Excuse my political post (non derby related)

I know this won't be derby related. So if you aren't ready for it, skip it for now. This will probably be the only time I write anything political. I hate politics and I hate people thinking I force my opinion, whether religion, politics, or whatever on them. This was something that I posted on FB. If you are curious about what I am talking about you can find TONS of stuff online if you search amendment one in NC. Before you judge one way or another, make sure you look at both sides, the history of the amendment, and what it has done in other states.
Here is my full opinion, I have stayed out of this as much as I can. I hate politics. I do not pay attention to them most times. Part of that is why I did not vote. I didn't know in enough time to register in this state (NC). I am still registered in AR. That being said on the ballot was something that directly affects me. I have several friends who are gay, and likewise I have friends that are not. That being said, what was voted upon was considered by some a "gay issue". To some it was, and it shouldn't have been. Last week it was illegal for two people of the same sex to get married. So what was the point of this new amendment? This was an amendment, which meant it was political. Being something political means that the whole God thing stays out of it. Separation of Church and state, not State and Sinners. Those who used the bible and rubbed it other people's faces, this is America, we have the freedom of speech (which I am using right now) AND religion. Not everyone who voted was Christian. Stop making it seem that way. And stop using the bible to condemn others. You want to use the bible? Fine. Here are my two references to the bible. Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do. AND Who do you honestly think Jesus would be hanging out with today? We are chastising an entire group of people. Just like the lepers where. Can you catch being gay? NO. If you think you are above Jesus, by all means judge who you want, throw that first stone. And while you are at it, keep cutting your hair and don't follow the kosher laws. Everyone sins, and I'm pretty sure that no sin is greater than another, so IF you think being a homosexual is a sin why are you still judging? If you want it to be a religious thing, then fine. Bring it up in your church, have a discussion, and vote on it there. My church did. That will take care of the Church view and aspect. Other than that leave it OUT of the laws. If you can show me proof, without using the bible why this amendment should pass I will listen. I will hear all sides.

All this being said, I don't judge anyone. If you voted for it, that's fine. That is your legal right. I just hope you made an educated decision before you voted. If you voted against, thank you for voting for continued freedom to make choices. One day we will be an advanced nation and everyone will be accepted for who they are, who they love, and where they live. When this issues comes up again, as I am sure it will, continue to read, listen to both sides, and STOP JUDGING each other. Stop the hate. I love each and everyone of you. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment