Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I'mmmmm Baaaack!

So I know that I have been Missing in Action lately. There have been lots of things going on in my personal life. But I am back and I am happy to be back. I will still have some issues with work training interfering with a few practices, but that is only for a few more months.

Last night we had a make-up practice for Sunday since it was Mother's Day.  Our brand new Junior Derby team has practice so we did a joint practice. The first half was working on skills and the last half was our group doing a scrimmage to show them what it looks like. I'm still not good enough for scrimmages, but I did get to participate in the beginning of practice. One of the girls that was there was very worried about learning to skate and had only been a few times. On top of everything else it was her first day on her new skates. I completely understand that feeling and actually was excited to help her. DropHUR Dead Fred had her come skate with me for a little bit. I worked on her with her balance and trying to snow plow stop. I was super excited that she learned how by the time I was done. I really hope she continues to come back. I actually really enjoyed working with her. I really have missed that interaction with children, I think I might help out with Jr. Derby more often.  I feel like I have nothing to offer with the kids that skate all the time, but I think I might be able to help out the kids that are just learning. If anything I can relate to them. I may not be able to show them all the "cool" moves, but I definitely can explain to them what it is like and understand their fears. And who knows, children have a really neat way of always teaching the adults that teach them.

I am thinking of doing some product reviews of my gear. Granted they will be one sided until I can try out more equipment, but at the same time I will be able to explain what I like, don't like, and how it works for me.

Later Skaters!
<3 Kiss My Blarney

No comments:

Post a Comment